Skip to content
Bradshaw’s Guide

Ribchester

“This is the Roman Colcium, where the 20th legion were stationed, and a bronze helmet, mask, pateræ, inscriptions, coins, anchors, and a vessel’s hull, were found in 1796, so that the sea must have come up to this place in ancient times. Near the camp is St. Wilfred’s Church, which had formerly two chantreys.”—Sharp’s British Gazetteer.

Spotted a mistake? Suggest a correction on GitHub.